So, I passed on the CBC link below to my supervisors at my internship (we support autistic and other non-verbal...

So, I passed on the CBC link below to my supervisors at my internship (we support autistic and other non-verbal learning disabled students) and they loved it and want me to run D&D for a group of the students.

I'm debating using the Cantons material since I know it well. It will also speed up the 5e-ification of the Cantons, because that is the edition I'll be using. Any assistance in that and/or working with players in an academic setting would be apprecated.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/dungeons-dragons-autism-communication-social-skills-community-1.4433503

Comments

  1. You could always run something super classic - like B2! Also this is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that it would help at all, but Cole Long made 5th edition versions of all 3 of my main Cantons characters. You are welcome to take a look. Just scroll down a bit, and the 5th ed. versions are tacked on at the bottom.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MoZ9I9DuyVYn2HpI8IDNacNhuNXgUS8Lzbz4E_yvA00/edit?usp=sharing

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iqSpwk5bqvxYLTVzClOwQ8VvgzegT7HggAWvW8AbVSA/edit?usp=sharing

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RCKVFiqx3KyV2GVEhjcRY306VNcV81l6rbmcWFtV0HI/edit?usp=sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. How old are the kids? We should talk about gaming in an academic setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are college age. It's a program that helps kids on the spectrum adjust to college and then transition into adult life on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, Dennis.

    Also, I think that you should convert the HC to TNE+FFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To that, Robert Parker, I say go choke on a chicken bone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. C'mon, Dennis, you know that you want to figure out how many sandestins that'll take to make a laser pistol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can make firearms using FFS. Laser weapons break my head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hat's off to you for successfully designing anything in FFS. I stumbled on a cheap copy a while back, but every time I flip through it my eyes glaze over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The T4 version is even more incomprehensible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. From the creators of Mutazoids? Color me shocked.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just to speed things up tomorrow night, I thought I would let y'all try and figure what way you want to get into...

It's been a while since the “formal” ask, but time to check in on the “how's it going” type feedback (which has been...

RE: the total number of mercenaries in King's Ten that came up Tuesday in the conversation about proposed ethnic...