No game tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Life lesson #132 about mopery. So yesterday I was feeling pretty down about some career shit around the time I cancelled this yesterday. Robert knocked me out of some of that ruminating, but some of the blues kind of just rolled along all day.

    So anyway we have this dinner party last night and right in the the middle of it Esperanza, Danna and I's closest friend here, gets a text message asking her to call her 15-year-old sister. Turns out that her step-father pulled off to the side of the road and had a heart attack and died right there on the spot in front of her. The kind of instant perspective thing that makes all your little in your head problems suddenly seem very small and fleeting.

    Not sure why I'm telling you all this other than I consider y'all to be friends--and of course the show goes on again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty sobering. Spend some quality time with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys, I wasn't close to the guy but it's not surprisingly pretty devastating to them. I am supposed to go pick up their kids in a bit, so they can get the details of the service down. It's more the perspective thing, you know. Don't get caught up in being in your headspace when you can be busy living (and playing too).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mortality, ugh, it gets you sometimes. Best wishes for you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just to speed things up tomorrow night, I thought I would let y'all try and figure what way you want to get into...

It's been a while since the “formal” ask, but time to check in on the “how's it going” type feedback (which has been...

RE: the total number of mercenaries in King's Ten that came up Tuesday in the conversation about proposed ethnic...