Hey, folks.

Hey, folks.

I brought this up after game last night, but I didn't feel like I explained myself properly.

I have been suffering from an acute case of burnout recently. I find myself zoning out for 50-80% of the game and can barely drag myself to play.

This is no way because of the quality of the players or the game; both are stellar. In fact, this is the best game I've ever played. However, I need a greater variety of play to stay engaged. 

Now, as was noted last night, other players are perfectly happy returning to the dungeon every week without pause. At the moment, that group represents the majority of the regular players. As such, I find myself consistently outvoted; this has reached the point where, frankly, I feel helpless and frustrated (which makes me want to play even less).

I'm hoping that this new phase of the game will give us a wider variety of play because I really do not want to leave this game. There was an excellent suggestion last night that we do some pregame planning for non-dungeon scenarios and I think that is an excellent idea, I hope that everyone else is willing to give this a shot.

If not, I will have to leave the game. For how long I am not certain, but at this moment I cannot imagine continuing as is. I'm explaining this because I'm hoping that we can come to a reasonable compromise.

Anyway, that's my two cents. See you next week.

Comments

  1. Fight Club has passed as a fad and about the plantation on Ptuj there's going to be a news item next week about that courtesy of Mike D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the cult of the Blood Jesus?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of canoes or small boats, and a surveyor. If we could find a source of mineral ore, it would be amazing to stake a claim to a mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just to speed things up tomorrow night, I thought I would let y'all try and figure what way you want to get into...

It's been a while since the “formal” ask, but time to check in on the “how's it going” type feedback (which has been...

RE: the total number of mercenaries in King's Ten that came up Tuesday in the conversation about proposed ethnic...