I'm thinking of retiring Ba Chim, or putting him on ice and rolling up someone else.

I'm thinking of retiring Ba Chim, or putting him on ice and rolling up someone else. (I know, ironic, since he's just been back one day with the group!)

On the one hand, he's a plankowner of the NN, I love playing him, and he's probably my favorite D&D character that I've played. But I'm worried that he's a) a liability in exploration and dungeon situations, and b) not matching with the rest of the group in terms of goals and policies. 

I don't want to be the guy who's holding up the rest of the group and making things less fun because of their special snowflake, or a liability in gameplay.

Comments

  1. I still think compatibility is high on the general adventuring stuff. And when the party disagrees on things, we can always just work behind each other's backs. That's what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the only real metric is "do you have fun playing him?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, definitely have lots of fun playing him, no question there. I'm just worried about going the pa- lay -din route* due to his alignment conflicts, and about being a drag on the party. Like there have been several occasions where folks have had to risk their PCs to help out Ba Chim, which makes me feel super guilty. 

    *Barring the cheating. I think I've demonstrated pretty conclusively that I'm not fudging the dice. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't, obviously, speak for the players but I like having the soft shell conflict of the voice of benign chaos being there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just to speed things up tomorrow night, I thought I would let y'all try and figure what way you want to get into...

It's been a while since the “formal” ask, but time to check in on the “how's it going” type feedback (which has been...

RE: the total number of mercenaries in King's Ten that came up Tuesday in the conversation about proposed ethnic...