Hey fellows, I decided to share this with you because I'm curious as to what you all think, I respect your gaming...


Hey fellows, I decided to share this with you because I'm curious as to what you all think, I respect your gaming chops and I most of you are.  This is my reskinning of a Very Old Red Dragon for my current game.  The party is unlikely to face it unless they are abominably suicidal while they waltz about it's desolation, but they may see it as a distant shadow and will likely meet it's 2-8HD spawn fairly regularly.

Here's a link - and feel free to comment, though don't bother with grammer and such - this is a rough draft. I think the dragon gives a good idea of how I want to treat very powerful enemies as far as immunities, defense, attacks and damage.  The effort is to create an enemy that actually feels as terrifying as a 160' magma spitting bull/reptile should be.

If this isn't cool for this community let me know, I'll delete.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pOrfU6BBZYbpnCUzQZse9gE5YFzyRbaBkucFzrFAcfU/edit?usp=sharing

Comments

  1. "an 8th level party should be able to drive him back to his lair fairly easily, and if they aren't stupid kill the thing with a bit of thought"
    That's the impression I got reading it, so I'd say you're right on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it the resistances, chain attack breath, and splitting HD attack. But, In my experience, quaking in fear mechanics are boring. They randomly nerf PCs and take them out of the action in a way that is not so fun. (The berserking thing I could see being cool if the players were apprised of the danger.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben L. I agree on fear effects, which is why it only effects creatures under 4HD - If one is taking 4HD PCs against an 15HD dragon it's already over.  The point of the save or paralysis effect is to allow the dragon to deal with armies of low level henchmen.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Just to speed things up tomorrow night, I thought I would let y'all try and figure what way you want to get into...

It's been a while since the “formal” ask, but time to check in on the “how's it going” type feedback (which has been...

RE: the total number of mercenaries in King's Ten that came up Tuesday in the conversation about proposed ethnic...